Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Work in progress


So this is my latest partially completed LO. Have not managed to squeeze in time to finish it or work on another LO for some time. I was itching to use the flourishes chipboard I bought from Shabby Chic last week . I managed to squeeze in some scrapbooking time after watching 300 last Friday. I found this pic of me relaxing after my graduation ceremony n thought it was time for a "Me" LO. The photo is in colour but my clothes and the surroundings were very black n white other than a little corner of the photo which I managed to cover with a big Heidi Swapp flower with a smaller one in the middle before sticking a gold painted piece of chipboard in the middle.
As the photo was already 'black n white' I needed more colour for the rest of the LO and decided on the purple flower pattern paper from the Wedding Stack I got from Shabby Chic. I wanted to use more than one pattern paper so I chose another from the same stack. A touch of journaling was always going to be put in so I let the photo mat be longer at the bottom to allow for this and used my cutterpede scallop cutter to create some definition at the bottom.
Flowers and flourishes go so well together, I knew I would be adding it on here. I first painted my chipboard gold then black hoping to sandpaper it to get a distressed effect but that didnt work so I painted over the black with gold again and it turned out quite well. It will look goldish in light (like the title) and blackish with a gold tinge when there is less light. I did the same thing with the chipboard title, "Me".
I got some rick rack pretty cheap from Hokko and added that in the bottom right hand corner. My friend had purchased some flower eyelets from Creative Hands in S'pore for me which I used in the bottom left hand corner to fill up some space.
I might add more journaling and definitely stitching to either enhance the cardstock or make the pattern papers stand out more. The LO is still a bit plain for my liking at the moment hence 'work in progress'.
Now all i need to do is figure out what to do for my aniversary present to H......

6 comments:

Scrapper-holic said...

Wow another great LO! The flourish looks great. I do like the gold on black effect. kinda like glitter. And the patterned paper setting is a good idea. I always hve difficulty using 2 or more patterned papers.

Pandachu said...

Thanks Scrapperholic though there is still some work to be done. The flourish has turned out better than I expected. Another mistake turned ok...hehe. I have the same problem with mixing pattern paper but my confidence is growing as I flick thru more mags :)

{ Yu'er } said...

The chipboard fo look great! i haven't start with mine yet, got to try this weekend. i went to hokko too yesterday and add more collection of ribbons! I like the colour you used as the background too.

Danura said...

hehe.. i had to redo mine on my just finished LO. I bought the flourish chipboards too! and painted them in gold..then i changed my mind.

Your LO is nice! it looks feminine, crisp and fresh!

Ruey said...

Great layout! You work with purple well.....I have a lot of difficulty with that colour. The mixing of PP is great as are the scallop border and ric rac combined with the flourish n layered flowers.

Pandachu said...

Ruey! Imagine my excitement when I saw u had visited my blog!

Thanks for the comments everyone! I havent had time to finish the LO still but I do intend to!! To be honest I'm not a purple person but this was a nice change n I'm glad its turned out well. Flourish chipboards are so easy to work with! Might go back for more!