Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Gil & Me



Ok ppl, I need a little help on this. When I saw this picture and someone's LO using papers from the same collection (Basic Grey - Urban Couture), I thought I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it.
Firstly I messed up cutting the frame of the patterned paper. I was not sure whether to put the card stock on the pattern paper or the other way round. In the end, I decided to put the pattern paper on the cardstock. I used some of the leftover pattern paper to mat the photo. As the theme of that night (the picture was taken) was Glitter, I knew I was going to use Glitter letters as for the heading. Another thing I knew I was going to use was crystal brads and flowers. Initially I considered doodling to link the flowers together but my friend had bought me the white chalk pen from Laines which Scrapperholic has said isnt very good. Then I remembered I had bought new stamps and paint so I tried that instead. Bad idea!
First, I used copper which turned out to be too light and did not show up well on the (what was) brown cardstock) then I tried pearl...another mistake...had to cover it up by painting the cardstock pearl. After that I thought, ok, since the paper is lighter now, maybe gold will show...again No....so out of desperation, I tried black...which is that I should have done in the first place. After I finished this LO, I really wished the black swirls were chipboard but they arent. I am considering stamping and cutting out the design on black cardstock and sticking it on using 3D glue dots now. I tried to neaten up the stamps using my silver Zig writer as well which turned out ok. Oh and then I painted over the black using the clear glitter paint.
So this was my end product last night...maybe I was too tired and it didnt go the way I wanted it to. Its a move away from what I usually do so that could be why. I would have started over but I only have one of that pattern paper so it was a no go. Any suggestions?
Ok so maybe its not that bad but the messing up of the paint really frustrated me. H thinks its kinda cool and I do love the swirlys and flowers combo...think I might have to fight my restraints and check out Shabby Chic's new chipboard arrivals now for my future LO's...

2 comments:

Scrapper-holic said...

Hey girl i think the LO looks boo-ee-tiful. I had to keep refering to your LO to figure out what had happened but i think all of it adds to the distressed effect and the LO looks great. Hee sometimes mistakes can make the LO unique. keep at it girl!

PS: made a run for SC just now and got the flourishes chipboard. Better go get them cos they are gorgeous!

Pandachu said...

I already went last night!! And I did get the flourishes chipboard and alphabet one and a small paisley one *grinz* Then she had white cardstock so got some of those too.

I showed Ching a photo of my LO n she liked it too. She also thinks I've moved away from my usual style hence I might not be used to it. I'll leave it for now til I can think of how to improve it la :)