Thursday, March 8, 2007

Before & After

I wanted to show this before and after on the difference embelishments can make. I finished this 9"x9" in half an hour. I was in a rush for dinner but I so had to do something with my time :) (I didnt expect H to come back from basketball training so early :p)
All papers are from MM Fresh Anthology collection (Sydney). I used the same photo in black & white and colour. The jigsaw frame from the same collection framed the coloured pic nicely and inside of the frame had other chipboard which included the paisley like swirls u see at the top left hand corner. I used metal words for the title and glued them on with glue dots. It felt really plain to me but I did not have time to do more after I had finished.

Now, as much as I was happy with this layout, I knew something was still missing. It still looked too plain for me. I wanted rhinestone words or something to jazz up the bottom part. In the end, I decided to adding a flower affixed with a crystal brad. I am wondering how I should do some swirls coming from the flower at the moment but for now, the flower does make a difference :)

No comments: