Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Steven & Steph


Here is an LO some of you might not have seen. I did it for my friend Steven for his birthday not knowing that he was going to propose to his woman that night...hehe. I am not a green person but when I ran the photos against my patterned paper, this one from the Old World stack I got from Shabby Chic made the photos stand out best. I chose complimenting green cardstock from the my cardstock stack I bought from Shabby Chic as well to matt the photos. I also sandpapered the matting to add to the vintage look and a bit of white matting to make the main photo stand out more.

As the cardstock had a white core, painful as it was, some tearing was in order to add on to the effect of the LO. I had just bought my vellum pen and really wanted to try it out so I tore out some more of the card stock to put behind the vellum paper then wrote on the vellum covering the paper, the names of the lovely couple. Now I had to fill the blank space caused by the green cardstock so firstly, I used eyelets (which I dont seem to normally use in my LO's) to line the divide between the 2 papers then used glue dots to stick on some autumn leaf embelishments that I got from Hokko. Finally as I only had 2 pictures for this 12" x 12", there still seemed to b e some space to fill. I found my pack of MM metal tags and rubbed on a letter "S" which just so happened to have matching colours to the patterned paper and Voila! Ze LO was complete...well, I couldnt really think of what else to add and I didnt want to overdo it.

P.S. By the way, I held down the vallum paper with metal brads I got from SC (the ones in that nail polish look-a-like bottle. Sorry still in training for brand names)

Well, its simple but I quite like it. Hopefully the couple did too :)

No comments: