Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Basketball season!!

Yup, its that time of the year again and despite the little tournaments sprinkled through the year, this is the one that most people look forward to.



Officially the Aewon Cup and unofficially the Sultan Cup as its in conjunction with His Majesty's Birthday, most of the local basketball enthusiasts cant wait to show off their skills. For the veterans, its a challenge and for new players, its a stepping stone to more competitive basketball. Usually the top 6/8 teams of the tournament go on to compete in (what used to be) the Pepsi Cup where we get to see "import players" raising the standard and competitiveness of local basketball here.

H played his first match last Sun with his busted ankle (*roll eyes* Men will never learn) and he's playing again tonight....after a long day at work, I think I will head down to the courts to cheer the bf on...

Oh btw, did I mention that I've restarted my dancing lessons? I seem to remember most of my salsa and some of my swing (though I didnt really study swing in depth) but my rumba needs practise and I've forgotten some of the moves. I dont even want to know how I will fare in Chacha and Jive *groan*

No comments: