Friday, October 5, 2007

New fluffies~!

Look what I got to keep me warm and fuzzy in the office....well my feet anyway...



This year I've been to the most sungkai buffets ever! Here are my mini reviews...

It started off with Saffron the day I came back from Bangkok when I realised my sister would be leaving the next day (she changed her flight last min). It was quite disappointing as I went last year and quite enjoyed it. I dont favour crowded places which is why I close Saffron but the food variety was not as good as last year and so were the desserts. I did not feel this year's sungkai buffet was worth $22.00 even if food was served to you.



My next excursion was to Coffeezone when I met Yani up and was starving. It was late so I missed the crowds but it also meant that food was gone. One dish which was the nestum prawns ran out of prawns...I was sifting through the prawn heads trying to find at least a bit of prawn but there was none. They said they were not going to refill it either. Food was simple for $10.50 but I felt the soup was swimming in MSG and not the other way around :p There is also a chocolate fountain here which was a plus.

Last Saturday, my sister's bf asked me to join them and his friends for Sahur buffet at OGH. Knowing that their sungkai buffet is pretty popular and good, I thought I'd give it a go. It was such a DISAPPOINTMENT! Granted there werent that many people but the food was cold and not tasty at all. I couldnt stomach half of it just by looking at it. Dessert was the worst cos it was so watered down. The jellies were so tasteless and watery that it really wasnt a good finish to the meal. I definitely did not manage to stomach the $12.80 cost of the buffet.

Ridzqun was next when GHK treated their staff to sungkai there. Big selection of food though horrendously crowded. Drinks and glasses ran out in the end and the tender grilled lamb ended up overcooked after they grilled it more so I wasnt too happy about that. I loved the huge selection and the little huts of murtabak, teh tarik, ambuyat and noodles tho. For $19+ (not sure abt actual price cos I din pay :p), its a good deal and big spread especially for big eaters.

On Weds, my gf suggested the group of us meet up for sungkai at I-Lotus. Now, I've never had a good experience with food at I-Lotus from my previous attendances so i wasnt really keen but the company was too good to resist. Firstly I was put off that you had to pay for your meal first to get these little coupons which made it feel very canteen like. Secondly the sign on the table that said that wastage of food was not encouraged therefore $3.00 would be charged for each 100g of wasted food. WTF!! What if the food sucked?!! So that ruined my mood but I have to say after my previous experiences of tasteless and insufficient food there, this wasnt the case this time. I did not attack starters but the mains were ok. We had the noodles and rojak which was really very simple. The food that you pick for them to grill was disappointing cos tho we put the correct peg number on our plate, we still got served with the wrong plate after they cooked it. Dessert was the big disappointment cos well basically, it sucked. I dont think its worth $15.80 to be honest, maybe around $12 is reasonable.

Next Monday, the lawyers are planning to go for a sungkai meal after the Law Society AGM and RP and EL are treating us to sungkai at JPCC next Weds. All this and somehow I have not managed to put on weight....sigh...

No comments: