Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The 1st Confirmation

So I finally went to see this tailor that has been recommended to me about making the only dress I'm making for the wedding. Its a red cheongsam covered in french lace and made of crepe satin. The difference between this and a traditional cheongsam is that the 'skirt' bit looks like a slinky evening gown (with a little train of course). I had called up Singapore to ask how much they sell it off the rack for...and they said $3,000+ *gulp*

I had my fingers crossed the tailor would say she could do it so that I can buy the lace in Jakarta and maybe even the material too *fingers crossed*. I walked in and told her my plans. I didnt ask the price but I know I'm looking at a 3 figure sum rather than 4 figure and definitely cheaper than buying or even making it in Singapore... Asked her what material to get and how much of it and whether she could make it.

And she said.......YES!!!

4 comments:

jaz lee said...

Now im drooling!for that cheongsam!my o my,can't wait to see YOU in it!you've got a supermodel figure so *whistle**!!gee!

Chowchow said...

Can't wait to see you in the cheongsam...

Liza said...

Wohoo!! Can't wait to see it!!

Mescrap said...

Can't wait to see pretty you...