Thursday, November 1, 2007

A farewell and the MLC 2007



Before I left last week, a few friends and I were frantically organising a last minute get together of some ex classmates so bid farewell to one of the best physics teachers ever. Our dear Miss Siow was due to leave last Monday but just had her stay extended (just before the dinner) so she will be around for a couple more months. In any event, it was deep appreciation for all she had imparted upon us. About 20 people turned up and 2 songs were dedicated to her i.e. "To Miss Siow With Love" and "Heroine" (adapted from To Sir With Love and Hero). I also made (my first attempt) a book which you can see below which everyone signed. We also bought her flowers and a gold bracelet.




My trip to KL was very interesting especially in viewing the difference in the way their legal system is regulated and how politically driven many of the attendees were. Many pictures are on the Malaysian Bar website but I managed to take a couple of my own with some friends :)

Gorgeous sink set up in the loo of my room

With old uni mates, Aloysius and David at Bar Savanh

With the other foreign delegates and other Malaysian committee members at the dinner on the final night

With my dear friend Janet who 'kicked' me into attending this conference and now I have to spread the news to my peers...kekeke

1 comment:

jaz lee said...

hey pandachu,wow u look gorgeos here!so pretty luv yr halterneck dress.i was so krazy abt fashions and baju b4 in2 scrapbooking.now wear torn clothes oni..ahaha kidding!u know wat,after reading yr blog,u mk me miss kl.my family is there,minus dad in heaven ;)