Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Support Scrapbooking!!

Yesterday while I was chilling with some friends in Sheraton, one of them suddenly said she had some stuff for me. I was like...Eh? Remember a while ago I said I helped some friends do LO's as a birthday present for their friend? Apparently, they've decided to thank me (I think) by buying me some goodies from Shabby Chic. They made sure to check it was stuff I didnt have and I thought that was so nice of them! So eventho I didnt win the Shabby Chic challenge, I've still got goodies from there and I think this is so much nicer!! Thanks guys and gals!

In line with my title, recently, I've been getting to know more fellow scrappers around the world and also been scrap-web-surfing alot and came up with a few ideas to support the scrapping community in Brunei and increase the awareness of scrapping. I'm currently in the midst of getting a few people together to do a photo swap i.e. swapping photos with each other and creating LO's for other people basically using their photos. Nice change of ideas and it may add something fresh to ur scrapping album.

My 2nd idea is what I want to share on this blog. A friend in Singapore suggested doing swaps of scrapping supplies. As you all know, we tend to buy flowers and embelishments in packs which contain more than what we would usually use. This applies to matstacks of PP or even chipboard etc. I thought I'd start this idea locally and as I know a few local scrappers check out this blog, I thought I'd bring the idea to you first. International scrappers are welcome but our supplies in Brunei are more limited than most other countries and there is the hassle of postage so it may not be so attractive to others. Please do let me know if any of you are interested as I think it really is a great idea.

So, I end this post by saying "tata" for a few days...by tomorrow I'll be trawling through the streets of BKK, 'glowing' in the heat, shopping to my heart's content, eating like there's no tomorrow, trying to understand some Thai and finishing off the day with ice cold beer or refreshing cocktails....

4 comments:

Scrapdragons said...

Super cool ideas!!

Laura

Michelle said...

have a great time.. think of me here.. still in fairly cold weather!

Unknown said...

Enjoy BKK...
Dont forget the sunscreen.
:) I was burnt when I was there 2 weeks ago.

Edleen said...

count me in for the photo swap *wink*

as for my handstitched felts, i stuff them with 100% cotton :)

and enjoy your holiday!