Monday, July 9, 2007

Birthday jar of goodies!

It was my dear bf's birthday last weekend and while I was racking my brains for what to get him, a friend of mine told me of something she made for her ex bf. She made 52 notes of coupons, quotes, song lyrics, etc for 52 weeks of the year in a jar and filled it up with Hershey's kisses. Every week he's dip in for a new "note" and there was chocolate for when he felt like it. Knowing my dear bf isnt a great chocolate fan but doesnt mind having it once in a while, I thought this would be great but it wouldnt be all that I would give him. I only made 20 notes and he is allowed to open 1 a week but I gave my friend's idea a twist. First I rolled up my notes and secured them with ribbon to look like scrolls, like this....



Then I bought mulberry type paper in a few colours n some coloured foil wire and wrapped up each piece of Hershey's kisses with "scrolls" stuck in random ones so they look like this.



I put them into a jar and H gets to pick only one 'package' a week so depending on his luck, he gets something or just a bit of a chocolate snack!!



I'm not to stingy lar....I also got him an all expense paid trip for 2 of us to Kota Kinabalu...remember my beautiful pics of the sea? Yup, my best friend from my childhood is awaiting my return there and a weekend with H all to myself works out great for both of us!! Hehehe....Oh we also had dinner with his family n a couple of his best friends :p not to mention the very boistrous session we had at Sheraton the night before....hehehe

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Aren't you just the sweetest gf! Sounds really cool to open a gift every week!

Pandachu said...

He's already cheated and opened another one yesterday!! The cheek! Just for that I'm going to keep filling it up with chocolates when he's not around :p

WS said...

Such patience you have! I won't even dream of doing anything so time-consuming.

*yawns*

Deanne Clarke said...

That's a GREATgift idea!!!! Thanks for the inspiration!

Scrapper-holic said...

that's such a great gift!!

Wati Basri said...

such a sweet pressie you got there for your bf!! priceless :)
btw...chance upon yr blog when i was at Jazz's!!
cool blog! :)