Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Promise Rings

Promise rings are bestowed to symbolize a promise that one person makes to another. In some cases, promise rings are precursors to engagement rings. While the latter symbolize a promise to marry, promise rings can stand for many other kinds of vows.

Isnt this a great excuse for a woman to have an additional ring?!! Seriously though, I found this quite interesting when my friend told me about it. I initially thought of getting eternity rings when we agreed on a timeline for marriage since we are considering cutting short the engagement and heading straight to marriage which seems to be the trend nowadays (unless ur a lucky woman to get that very big sparkly Lazare diamond ring like some very lucky girl is now sporting :)) But then Trace told me P got those as her wedding bands so err...maybe not. Hehe... I'm not one to be too fussed about sporting a big sparkly diamond cos I'd always be nervous about losing it so this sounds like the way to go. What do you think?

No comments: