Wednesday, February 21, 2007

More shopping!

I ventured into Shabby Chic the day before they closed and the day after they opened. I was trying to be good today as I was just accompanying a friend but ended up buying stuff myself. My next step into scrapbooking is stamps and paints. Will finally push into embossing after that which I'm worried that I will fall in love with...hehe.

One of the mags I was going through showed how a scrapbooker literally turned plain cardstock into patterned paper with all her stamping....it looked really good and went well with the picture too. She also overlapped the stamping on one of the photos which showed up really well.

I couldnt resist trying out the jigsaw frames I bought last week so I managed to squeeze in one last LO before CNY. It was only a 9" x 9" one but it was my first venture into mixing patterned papers so I'm quite happy with how it turned out. Only took me half an hour as I used almost all the Fresh Anthology stuff I got from Shabby Chic so it was easy to mix and put together.

I just got a few more sheets of patterned papers today, glitter letter stickers, pink paint and a mini album kit to catalogue the firm's Vietnam trip last year...cant wait to get started!

Here are some of our Vietnam pics:



13 comments:

Jasmin B said...

Hi Pandachu!

Saw your comment on Sleepless' blog. So..when are you going to post your layouts? I can't wait to see them!!

Cheers!
Jazz

Jasmin B said...

Hiya! I sent my previous comment without realising that you've also sent a comment on my blog. Thanks for visiting!

By the way, hope you don't mind but I've linked you in my blog.

Pandachu said...

Hi Jazz, of course I dont mind. Can I link u too? Scrapper-holic is getting out of confinement this weekend and I've 'disclosed' to her that Shabby Chic has a new shipment coming in next week so that's where we'll be spending our pay...hee hee.

Jasmin B said...

No probs linking me Panda!
Is there really a new shipment coming in next week? Ya! Pay's coming up next week...so can I join? He! He!

Scrapper-holic said...

Hah i probably won't wait for pay day lah. if i can manage it, i'll be there this weekend before the pay day rush. hehe

Jasmin B said...

Hey Scrapper-holic! That's even a better idea...do the scrapping spree before the pay rush! Me itching already to go Shabby!!

Pandachu said...

Got a whiff that one of the lost boxes turned up at Shabby Chic last Thur. Mostly Valentine's stuff apparently but its still shopping for Scrapperholic :)

Sleepless said...

Cant wait to see your LOs!!

Oh dear...new stuff at Shabby...I havent even tried out the paints I bought this month!!!

Do let me know what goodies came in!!

Pandachu said...

Sleepless I know what u mean abt not having a chance 2 try new stuff yet. Looks like the SC website has already posted what goodies hav come in.

I might hold off until the other stuff comes in next week...unless I happen 2 conveniently find myself in the Mall before then...he he

Pandachu said...

Sleepless I know what u mean abt not having a chance 2 try new stuff yet. Looks like the SC website has already posted what goodies hav come in.

I might hold off until the other stuff comes in next week...unless I happen 2 conveniently find myself in the Mall before then...he he

Pandachu said...

Btw, any one of u going to crop nite? I was thinking of bringing my albums then but then I dont know how i'm going to haul my stuff there.U never know what u need!

Jasmin B said...

Yes! Saw SChic's posting of their new arrivals...am itching to go there but let's see...I might just hold off for a while.
See you soon!

Jance said...

Heys,get yourself a cbox so i can just leave a tag when using the school computer