Sunday, August 31, 2008

New friends, new beginnings

*The 3 local co-trainers and myself with our guests* (sorry for bad pic but the lighting in that room was really bad and my sis has stolen my camera cos she couldnt find hers)

Remember my last post moaning about the Appellate Advocacy Workshop? On my last night, I made a short speech to the Singaporean Lawyers and the few Bruneian lawyers present to say that the worst for me was over when the Singaporean lawyers arrived. It meant everything was in place and yes, the workshop did run smoothly. I enjoyed their lovely company (and drinks) the last few days and gained much insight into a profession that I have been in for the last four years (can u believe it? 4 yrs!!). It was my absolute pleasure to welcome, entertain and work with Mr N Sreenivasan, Mr VM Lok, Mr CR Rajah SC, Mr S Singh SC, Mr H Kumar, Mr D Koh, Mr S Chacko and Mr S Nair. Not forgetting also the lovable Ms Gigi. I definitely miss their cherry company already and hope to see them at some point during my next trip to Singapore.

In order to facilitate the smooth running of the workshop, I had to be MIA for many things including family functions, religious celebrations, parties, scrapping deadlines and my monthly spa pampering (fortunately the boy was away) but I'm back and slowly getting back in the swing of things. This does mean that I am oh so very slightly behind for my last SIC submission and was unable to take part in many other contests. The power outage due to the heavy storm on Wednesday night didnt help either.

Tonight I need to get some scrapping done as tomorrow I will be fully pampering myself with a facial, mani pedi, body scrub, massage and hair salon treatment in preparation for my Lasik on Friday. (Oh dont worry, I got deals on all of the above so I'm not spending much) Yup, I'm finally making the cut. Fingers crossed I pass the eye test with flying colours to enable me to have the surgery *gulp*

Oh yes, special mention to go to my sis in Oz for getting all distinctions in her 1st semester exams including 2/3 high distinctions (sorry so late), my bro for getting an A for his AS June Chemistry paper and passing his driving test and lastly me for getting a new toy!! muahahaha...

*yes it came with a beautiful white and red leather strap and leather case and now my diary is completely synched so I dont have to worry about waking up in cold sweat wondering whether I have court for the day or not. Oh btw, I did get the white one!!*

No comments: