Sunday, May 20, 2007

Scrapped Out!!

So I havent scrapped properly in quite a while and my stash has been slowly accumulating so after crop night (which RA has noted on his website with my picture so if KK wants to see my pic then go there la), I kinda went OTT and did 2 LO's and a double LO on Sunday afternoon (til evening).



Most of you are probably familiar with Ruey's "Funk It Up" kit she designed for Scrapping Angels and would know the materials and methods used for the above LO. The picture was very colourful and so is Ruey's design so the impact of this LO is very strong.



The picture on this LO has been sitting on the 'to scrap' list for a long time and I'm glad to finally get round to scrapbooking it. My sis loves knitting and cross stitching so there are bits of stitching incorporated as a tribute to her. The stitching on the title however are rub-ons. The red felt flower was cut out after tracing out the image from a chipboard flower on a piece of felt and I repeated the colours of the paper in the flowers and brad that stuck it in place.



Finally I did another LO of my dad! I knew I wanted the title to be "My Handsome Dad" and actually had more than one pic but in the end, this one picture was enough. I traced the heart shape of a chipboard heart that I have yet to use and used to craft knife to cut it out of the PP. I then inked the edges with aged copper n platinum ink from MM, pasted it on the cardstock n the ribbon adds a nice touch. The swirls are Heidi Swapp stamps and the quote at the bottom says "My father didnt tell me how to live. He lived and let me watch him do it" Another sticker n brads filled up the top right hand corner.




Since I had scrapped a picture of my belly dancing, it was only fair that I did one of latin (though I might do another belly dancing own for myself). The many pictures I had led me to venture trying a double LO (finally!!). It was late and I was hungry and tired so it's still very simple at this point. I just need to add the bling then I'll post a proper picture of the finished product :)

1 comment:

{ Yu'er } said...

Love your new hair. The double LO should be interesting, I want to see more clear pic of you doing the dance, please...