Thursday, November 13, 2008

Life's Choices

The bulk of my work at the firm the past year and a half has been divorce matters. When I go to court, I'm amazed at the increasing divorce rate here in Brunei. Yesterday, while I was tending to a client whose case would be potentially very contentious, I was asked if I was married. I told the client that I would be getting married next year. The client was amazed how I would still want to get married after handling so many divorce cases.

I told the client I could be put of marriage by all this or I would be more determined to make marriage work after seeing all the mistakes people make. Most of the time, I notice that people were incompatible to begin with. U can not only learn from your own mistakes but also from the mistakes of others.

I made a similar choice after I had recovered from cancer. I could have chosen to treat myself as a potentially sick person for the rest of my life or live my life to the fullest and achieve all I can while I'm still around. I'm glad I opted for the latter. Life isnt meant to be lived wrapped up in a cotton ball.

Next year, I now have 2 major events to look forward to. A new exciting job with lots of prospects and a wonderful journey of marriage with H.

I cant wait!!

3 comments:

{ Yu'er } said...

Bless you!

Renoa said...

Glad that you share your thoughts.. hee make me wanna get married now!hehe

Looking forward to your plans and beautiful pictures loh~

jaz lee said...

Yes jessie,marriage is a commitment that no one can explain until you get into in and work hard for it ;)It's a wonderful feeling to have someone next to you in gd and bad times.all the best should there be a wedding plan for you .Enjoy the beauty of LOVE ;)