Monday, April 2, 2007

Headaches...me no likes!

I've been having a headache since Saturday night. I think it was further aggravated with the lack of sleep that night and subsequently the sun and smoke from graveyard cleaning duties n all the praying and burning of "gold" paper. Last night when I mentioned to H about my aching head, he offered me Panadol. I refused cos I told him it was bearable and my dad always used to say "Dont take pain killers unless you really need to". H lives by the same philosophy. That set me off. The whole night I couldnt stop thinking about dad and how in the year preceeding his death, he was taking pain killers at regular intervals throughout the day. He must have been in a lot of pain and that made me cry....over and over. It led to further memories....how he didnt want me to go to KK for my birthday last year cos he wouldnt see me for 2 days, how I promised him 'siu mai' from Phongmun but didnt manage to get it for him before he left us, how I awoke one night from my shift of looking after him to find him stroking my face, how when he was slipping away he thought he was very short cos I told him how little he weighed when he asked me, how I was the only child whose graduation (actually it was call to Brunei Bar. He missed my graduations cos he was ill) he attended, etc. I gotta put this all down one day with appropriate pictures of him as and when I find them. For now these stories are still etched in my memory but incase I ever forget, I can read this post to get my memory jogging again :)

No comments: