Sunday, April 8, 2007

F & J

I managed to get some scrapping done over the past week. I made H a good luck card on Monday night for his game on Tuesday as I was not able to attend it. It was a lame attempt and I was rushed for time. Have not taken a picture cos I just dont think its very good. They won tho :) Hope it doesnt mean I have to make him a card every time he has a game...hehe
On Friday, I got inspired to make an accordian album for H cos he's leaving for China next week for an exhibition n thought it would be nice if he had some pics of us. Though him being the un-soppy soul he is is probably going to leave it at home...hehe. Anyways I knew what PP (think its American Crafts) I wanted so it was a trek to Shabby Chic to get this and I bought my chipboard from Active Art. A huge piece for $3.50 is very worth it!! Its a pain to cut tho :p I bought the ribbon from Neptune Florist at The Mall as Shabby didnt have any to match the PP. Cut it a bit short tho. Opps!

Its only a 5"x5" album cos I didnt want him to carry something too big and 4"x4" was too small to fit in the pictures properly. As you can see, even for 3R size, it didnt leave me much space for embelishing nor journaling.

I had my idea for my 1st page before I started on the album already. My circle cutter from Laines in Singapore made cutting circles a breeze. I matted the picture with Bazzil cardstock and pasted it onto my Heidi Swapp flower for the effect I wanted. It still looked a bit plain so after much deliberation, I added the "F" and "J" thickers. H's name in Mandarin is Fung hence "F" :)

The 2nd page is relatively simple. I just matted the photo longer on one side to allow for the scalloped edge and added the photo corners. The bling frame is Heidi Swapp which I purposely skewed to allow our (held) hands to fit in. Heart brads are MM.

Funny enough I was running out of ideas cos the pictures filled up the page so much. I wrote my private message for H on an MM Fresh Anthology Tag n slipped it behind this photo. To make it less plain, I added Heidi Swapp fussy rub-ons. The rub-on on the right didnt manage to 'avoid' H's head cos the backing is actually not transparent so u cant see where its going. Made a bit of a boo-boo but it wasnt too bad. It takes alot of rubbing for these rub-ons to come off I tell ya!

I didnt realise how blurry the pic of this last page was but I cant be bothered to take it again...hehe. I used the same cardstock to matt again but this time I added a quote from a Sticker Quote stack at the side which reads "It is difficult to know at what moment love begins; it is less difficult to know that it has begun - Henry Wandsworth Longfellow". Another pull-out was added behind which was a message I meant to give H on our aniversary. I really wanted to use the MM Shimmer Stickers I got from Pictures2pages so I managed to squeeze them on here as you can see :)

Overall I'm quite happy with the result. Love the colours and can you believe this was all done (chipboard cutting, making the accordian album and decorating it) in less than 3 hours?!! I couldnt either...hehe.

Its my first attempt at making n decorating an accordian album from scratch so its a bit messy but its good practice for my next one!!

7 comments:

Jasmin B said...

Well done on the accordian album!! Real nice...I should try one day!

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

beautiful work!

Have a nice day!!

Bety :)

SD Mummy said...

i have yet to learn how to make one! a job well done!

love the hidden journalling. hehe. but then, im a sucker for journalling my LOs. hehe.

Scrapper-holic said...

Ooh i love the cover of the album and the ribbon. They go so well together. I would have tot that the AC paper would be too think to make the album but it looks great.

Pandachu said...

Thanks for the comments ladies.

Jazz - can help you out if U want ;) Have yet to pass u the stickers.

Huaida - My journaling for this one soppy la *blush*

S'holic - I used AC paper for the accordian album I made at the SC class too n it turned out OK. I also thought it was too thick but its a nice feel when its finished :)

Michelle said...

Greta job on the mini album!

Ruey said...

cute album!! You managed to fit a lot of photos and embellishments into the album....so it's great!!!