Friday, August 7, 2009

Namaste



I first went back to yoga earlier this year to try and ease myself into the exercise regime. After 15 years, I found yoga has now evolved from what I first learnt. There are so many different types of yoga you can learn now with different benefits and results. When I first started, I was dismayed to find out how inflexible and weak I was. Seeing all the other more advanced students in the class and their capabilities made me want to push myself harder to be able to get where they were faster.

Then one day, I met a lady who has been practising chi gong for years. As we talked, I told her that I was in the midst of getting into yoga and she started asking me how I felt during yoga and after. How did I feel I had benefitted from it? Do I feel the energy when I am doing my poses?

Since then, I've learnt in my classes not to pay attention to others but myself. To listen to my body, push it to reasonable limits, feel the energy through my body and concentrate on my movements and breathing. It worked! Soon I was able to do the crow pose, headstand, chaturanga dandasana, wheel pose...even if only for a short while but at least better than nothing.


*chaturanga dandasana*

*wheel pose*

*crow pose*

I feel healthier, fitter, sleep better, am more aware of what I eat and feel calmer. Dont sweat the little things in life. Choose to take anything negative that happens in life as an experience rather than a regret. As long as you're happy and feel good about yourself, this will be noticed by others.



Thanks for reading my rantings (if you made it this far!).

NAMASTE

No comments: