Monday, February 23, 2009

February Bits n Bobs

(1) It meant my 2nd month at the new job. Still liking it and the new colleagues that I have. Slowly filling my room and table with junk....hehe. So glad I no longer have to go down 2 flights of stairs for a cuppa or to use the loo. My office is ensuite and the printers and water dispenser are just outside my room.

(2) V-day meant cooking a new dish instead of going out and joining the masses staring into each other's eyes in a room full of couples. Roasted lamb leg. My new favourite home cooked dish. Hate cleaning the oven tho.

(3) 2 days after V-day I got my present. The Boy made me feel bad the whole weekend thinking he hadnt bought me anything after I'd slaved away in the kitchen cooking our weird combo of lamb leg, mashed potato, wine infused gravy, teriyaki salmon fish head, sweet corn soup, roasted asparagus and carrots. Tada!! The most expensive pen I'll ever own....
Mont Blanc Starwalker Doue. Catridge costs $10 so I'm using it sparingly...:p

(4)Huge mistake going down to Miri without a copy of my car's bluecard...it magically disappeared from the car. Had to turn back to KB and get it faxed over to EK's office...I kid u not. TWO WHOLE HOURS that could have been spent touring the new expanded Parksons....tsk tsk. Still managed to get some new workclothes.

(5) I have successfully managed to NOT shop for any new clothes or accessories all month....until #4 above...shucks!! But 3 tops and a skirt for under RM200 is a steal right?

(6) I've re-discovered my talent(?!?) for baking. No breads or pineapple tarts for me this time. Keeping it simple. See previous post.

(7) I scrapped....only a little....dont get too excited. It was a couple of cards. Speaking of scrapping. I really need to collect my stuff from Jazz :p

(8) My sister ends her 3+ month holiday back home...she leaves on Friday. I've hardly seen her tho...haha cos we're with our other halves most of the time. But I paid for her hair treatment and expensive high tea yday....she is going to miss having an older sister pay for stuff (and I never even had the priviledge)

(9) I bought 3 plane tickets for myself (and a few more for others) this month alone for travel in March, May and July. I dont know why I've been itching to fly. Its as if someone has chained me and I need to escape. Worst decision now is having to decide between Nepal and HK cos I can only afford one. I havent been back to see my HK family in 8 years and my cousin has offered to bring me to Macau, Disneyland and Shenzhen....oh so tempting cos I havent been to those places. Oh not to mention eat my heart out...all this before I take pre-wed shots. Hmm....

(10) My wedding is approaching 9 months away....YIKES!!!

2 comments:

Edleen said...

Jessie, missing you laa! hope all's well and drop by Groovie Cafe when you can yeah :)

ohhh...dum dum dum dum *wedding song*

WS said...

Update your blog! :)